Good Friends

I'm the first to admit that I don't put enough time and effort into friendships these days.  And some of my closest friends are not close in proximity (thank you Facebook and blogging).

That being said, I've never thought of myself as a very good friend.  While I'm incredibly thankful for the friendships that I have, I've always figured that I was never much of a benefit to my own friends.  Like I was their one friend who tended to take so much more than she ever gave.

God must have felt the need to let me know that I really am a good friend.  In the span of less than 24 hours, I had four separate people tell me they were thankful for our friendship.  That may seem so insignificant, but it was huge for me.  It made me realize that I do have something to offer as a friend.

And, if you are thankful for a friendship, tell them.  Message them, text them, email them, write them a note.  Whatever.  Just be sure to let your friends know how much they mean to you.  They may have no idea.

1 comment:

Sues said...

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Post a Comment