The rules are:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
1. What is your favorite color?
Periwinkle, but for most folks, that just equates to purple.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Butterflies. I love that they are unique, beautiful and fragile all at the same time.
3. What is your favorite number?
13... and I've found most other people born on the 13th tend to share in the same "fave" number. I am always amused at people who avoid the number 13.
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Venti soy caramel macchiato, hot or cold.
5. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Lynchburg Lemonade, although I haven't had one in close to 6 or 7 years. I'm just not that into alcohol. Which is a shame because I hear so many great things about wine from all my mommy friends.
6. Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook for keeping in touch with family and friends; Twitter for quick sounds bites and retail promos
7. What are your passions?
Loving family, teaching children, supporting friends
8. Prefer getting or giving presents?
Giving, hands down. And, if money were no object (aka - we win the lottery), I've got a whole list of the perfect present for just about everyone in my life. I'm perfectly fine to not receive presents. Does that make me low maintenance or hard to shop for?
9. What is your favorite city?
Washington, DC - I dream of living in DC one day (or at least in a suburb).
10. What are your favorite TV shows?
In no particular order...Parenthood, NCIS, Big Bang Theory, Army Wives, The Amazing Race, American Dreams, The West Wing, Sports Night, Call the Midwife, Once Upon a Time and Orange is the New Black [thank you, Netflix].
Finally, I bequeath the Sunshine Award to the following fellow bloggers:
- Mike at Tales of a Stay at Home Daddy whose love for his family is amazing
- Jamie at The Beemer Birdnest for her honest approach to life, even when it isn't pretty
- Leslie at The World According to Leslie whose love of family and writing is inspiring
- You at wherever you are in life. Just post a comment to link up and join us in the sun!