Reading for Fun

Growing up, I don't think anyone would describe me as an avid reader.  I liked reading, but only on my terms.  None of that assigned reading stuff (until Mrs. Smith's AP English class).  As an adult, I love to read and would happily read nearly all the time, except for life that tends to grab my attention first (re: family, friends, church, school, work). 

Truthfully, as Abby got older, I was able to start reading more frequently.  Of course, just as that happened, we had Katie, I went back to school and along comes Jeb.  Now that I'm on a hiatus from school for a few months, I'm committed to getting in some much needed reading time, leveraging my newly found time in the evenings (you know, when I'm not dead tired from 4am feedings).

I have a ridiculously long list of books that I'd like to read these days.  For now, I'll be happy with just a few.  Thankfully, my iPad makes it much easier to grab and go.  And, yay for the Wake County Public Library offering e-books.

During the past few weeks, I've been able to read two whole books and I'm well into a third!  That is an amazing accomplishment for me, considering I read at a very slow pace.  Being back at work, I doubt I'll be getting through quite as many books, but I'll still be able to read for fun through the summer. 

I'm also hoping that as Mike and I read for fun, Abby will be impacted and she will increase her interest in reading.  Her interest seems to come and go in spurts.  Right now, she's interested, but that could change without notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment