Baby Weight Revisited

I have such respect for anyone who is comfy enough with their body, no matter the shape and/or size, to proudly proclaim their "real" weight.  I, however, am not one of those people.  (Maybe I can be one day.)

But, after gaining only 7 lbs with Jeb, the vast majority in the last 2 weeks of the pregnancy, I was curious to see where weigh in at my 6 week doctor's appointment.  I've struggled to not sneak a peek at the bathroom scale in the last few weeks, but I decided I would be much happier if I just waited until I was at the doctor.  As of today, I've lost all of my Jeb weight and I'm down 32 lbs from my pre-Jeb weight.  If only I could lose that much weight every six weeks, I'd be to my goal weight in no time.  Alas, I'm not willing to go through another 9 months of pregnancy for that.

In all honestly,  I've tried to eat healthier, but that hasn't happened nearly as much as I've wanted.  I think now that our family is getting into an actual routine, that should be something I can stick to a little easier.

First things first.  I must stop drinking the fabulous, homemade sweet tea that keeps finding its way into my fridge.  I gave up caffeine, but once Jeb arrived, that went out the window.  And, can I just tell you that homemade, ice cold sweet tea tastes so. darn. good.  Yes, I know, I could just replace the sugar with Splenda or something similar.  That is just fine, but let's be honest.  It just isn't the same.  So, for the next 30 days, I will limit myself to water, milk and coffee.  At first, I considered water and milk, but since I'm going back to work in less than 2 weeks, I had to add coffee back in but I can do sugar free in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment