Wait, Baby Weight

I probably can't name a handful of friends who didn't want to lose "baby weight" after their pregnancy.  No surprise that I feel the same way.  By 36 weeks into Jeb's gestation, I had only gained six-tenths of a pound (personal woohoo!), and ended up only gaining a total of 7 pounds during the whole thing.  For me, that is a huge thing because with Abby, I gained well over 50 pounds.  At one point in the past 6 years, I had lost almost all of that pregnancy weight, but ended up gaining the majority back through poor choices and stress.  With Katie, I only gained about 15 pounds and had lost about half when I got pregnant with Jeb.

I've made myself a promise this time around NOT to fall slave to the scale.  I won't be checking my weight until I return to the doctor for my 6 week check-up.  I have no clue how much I weigh right now and I'm ok with that.  Instead of focusing on the number, I'd rather focus on trying to make healthy choices and not let stress affect when and what I eat. 

I'm also trying commit to regular exercise and including my children whenever possible.  I have a feeling there will be a lot of family walks with the double stroller in the coming weeks.

Of course, I do have an ultimate goal... a cute green dress that I bought years ago and would love to wear.  It is more of spring or summer dress, but if I just happen to fit into it come winter, so be it.  I'll happily rock a sleeveless dress with strappy shoes at Christmas if it comes to that!

1 comment:

Sues said...

SO MUCH HEALTHIER to ignore the scale and focus more on how you actually physically feel! The scale doesn't tell you when you gain muscle and endurance. There are TONS of skinny unhealthy people, so GOOD FOR YOU!

Post a Comment