2013 New Year's Survey

I posted this survey at the beginning of 2010 and I thought it might be nice to repeat with each new year.

1) What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
I got pregnant for a 3rd time :-)

2) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not even close...but there is always next year, right?

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
My niece, Aubrey.

4) Did anyone close to you die?
Mike's Nannie.

5) What countries did you visit?
Bwahahaha
6) What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Patience.  I've never been a very patient person, but I'd really like to develop that characteristic.

7) What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 26 - the day I returned to work after maternity leave with Katie

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Somehow staying afloat through 18 credit hours over the summer and another 14 credit hours in the fall.

9) What was your biggest failure?
Not finding the time I needed to spend with God

10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just terrible morning sickness...that doesn't only happen in the morning OR during the first trimester.

11) What was the best thing you bought?
Supplies to make homemade ornaments - fun and functional.

12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Katie - she's such a pleasant little girl with a sweet heart already

13) Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Same person as last year, again unnamed. 

14) Where did most of your money go?
Bills and kids...and I believe this pattern will continue for many years to come.

15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Growing our family - we're having a boy in April 2013

16) What song will always remind you of 2012?
Payphone by Maroon 5... Abby will NOT stop singing it.

17) Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? happier
- thinner or fatter? pregnanter (is that even a word?)
- richer or poorer? richer in faith

18) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spending time with God

19) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying

20) How did you be spend New Year's?
I woke up just long enough to welcome the entry of 2013... only to go back to sleep shortly.  I guess I'm just too old (or too pregnant) for all that stuff these days.  Better luck next year.
21) Did you fall in love in 2012?
Over and over again.
22) How many one-night stands?
None (ever)

23) What was your favorite TV program?
Army Wives...without cable or satellite most of the year, I had to wait until Season 6 hit Netflix.  But, I won Part One on DVD from the local paper, so I was able to watch the entire season before Christmas.  It was so nice, without commercials!

24) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't like the idea of hate.  There are people I don't like and people I try to avoid, but no one that I actually hate.

25) What was the best book you read?
She Makes It Look Easy by Marybeth Whalen.  There are tons of books I'd love to read, but there isn't a lot of time for fun reading these days.  For now, I'm focusing on reading for tests and research papers...so not fun.

26) What was your greatest musical discovery?
iTunes and reintroducing myself to songs from the past

27) What did you want and get?
Passing grades in school

28) What did you want and not get?
Patience in dealing with Abby and her *fabulous* attitude about everything (* indicates sarcasm)

29) What was your favorite film of this year?
Sadly, I can't even think of a 2012 film that I saw this year...

30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34 in 2012 and spent the day like any typical weekday...at work.

31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Setting my expectations lower in everything...this perfectionist bit is really hard.

32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Pregnant chic, at least for the second half.

33) What kept you sane?
Mike

34) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Barack Obama

35) What political issue stirred you the most?
Which one didn't?  The election, education, gun control, healthcare, the fiscal cliff...need I go on?

36) Whom did you miss?
Friends and family that aren't nearby

37) Who was the best new person you met?
Even though we haven't "met" just yet, seeing our son on the ultrasound screen was amazing.  I will never forget seeing the word "PENIS" typed across the screen.  Funny, they never did that for our girls.
38) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
God's plan is only revealed when He knows you are ready...and I'm still NOT READY!

39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"In your hour of desperation, know you’re not the only one, praying Lord above, I need a miracle."


1 comment:

Sues said...

"pregnanter" is perfectly appropriate! Yay, Obama!!!!! And I loooove Third Day! :-)

Post a Comment