Beating the Heat

Summer is in full swing around here.  If we hit 100+ degrees again today (and the forecast says we will), today will be the 6th straight day of temps at or above 100.  That's a record.  There are some records I'm not interested in breaking and that would be one of them.  I'm also not interested in breaking any colder than ___ records either.  72 for a high, 50 for a low and little or no humidity year-round works for me!

In an effort to stay cool, Katie enjoyed her first outing into the pool yesterday with her big sister.  Both of them had a great time.


I've been struggling a lot lately with my weight.  I lost every bit of the Katie weight within a few weeks after her birth, but I've gained a ridiculous amount back in the months since then and it's really getting to me mentally.  I'm a stress eater, so I'm pretty sure I know why, I just need to figure out how to get out of that cycle.  I know I need to exercise more, a lot more, but I am the first to come up with "there's not enough time" or "I'm tired" or "I'll do something tomorrow..."  In my head, I know I just need to commit and get started, but my head seems to be having a little trouble leading the rest of me around as far as exercise goes.

1 comment:

Sues said...

It is SO MISERABLE to be in that mental funk re: your body. I went through that after both of my kids were born for several years. Praying that God fills you with His motivation & will power, b/c there's no way any of us can handle it on our own!!!
What works best for you? Doing something on your own or in a class? I *CANNOT* exercise on my own. I will make up every reason in the world why I can't do it right now. I have to have a class to hold me accountable - whether it's financially (as in, I paid for this sucker & I am NOT wasting that $!) or with Zumba, as the teacher. Since they class members counted on me to be there, I got over any mental block, b/c I didn't have a choice but to show up. Plus, I love Zumba! ;-) But honestly, more days than not, I *HATED* getting ready & going and wondered how I was going to make it through teaching, b/c I either had a headache, felt tired, was in a mood, etc. After the warm-up, though, I always felt GREAT, and that high lasted all day; so it was just getting there, and being the teacher MADE me do it. :-P
So what about you? What would make you do it? Paying up front, so then you don't want to have wasted your money? Or are you better on your own? You can do this!!!!

Post a Comment