Where I'm Supposed To Be

I've personally been struggling for a while about what I'm really *supposed* to be doing with my life.  I've always been in awe of people who hear God telling them to do this or go there.  I pray to God and talk to Him about a wide variety of topics, but I rarely feel like He's talking directly to me about something I've come to Him with.  (That brings up a whole other bunch of issues... like am I just not paying close enough attention or am I totally deaf and can't recognize when God is talking to me?)

Recently, I began to feel like my world was starting to crash in around me and I just couldn't figure out what to do.  Should I react?  Should I take an offensive position and get out ahead of issues or wait and just settle into a defensive position?  Should I just let all of it go, not ignoring it, but just moving on without making it a real issue? (yes, I know I'm being vague, but the actual topic isn't critical or crucial for the purpose of this post.)  I really feel like God helped me to take a step back and realize, maybe for the first time in my life, that I'm where I am supposed to be.  No more, no less.  And, I don't need to worry about getting to that next place in life.  I can just slow down and enjoy life as it is.  Right.  Here.

There aren't words to describe how freeing that realization was for me.  I've always felt that I was expected to constantly achieve.  To do better, be better, want better.  For now, better will just have to wait.

1 comment:

Sues said...

Can I scream "AMEN!!!" to that feeling of constantly being expected to achieve?!?!?! That was the #1 most scary thing to me about deciding to be "just" a SAHM; I mean, I *thrived* on achievement, as the world measures, my entire life up to that point. YAY for the freedom of that realization!!! :-)
...But now for possibly the harder (it was/can still be for me) part: believing & surrendering to that over & over again on a daily basis, every.single.time that viewpoint is challenged.

Post a Comment