- The 8 year-old only listens on rare occasion while the newborn seems intrigued by everything that emits from my mouth (smiling, speaking, laughing, singing - even when totally off-key).
- The 8 year-old has an opinion (often negative) on most meals served while the newborn is fascinated by all things puree (thankfully, she doesn't seem to be a picky eater, but her sister wasn't either).
- The 8 year-old finds bath/shower time to be just this side of a punishment while the newborn giggles freely at each and every bathtime.
But at the same time, it's like they are one in the same...
- Each lights up when the other enters a room (I have a feeling these two will be thick as thieves one day).
- Each seems to outgrow clothes faster than we can buy them.
- Each finds comfort in sleeping in close proximity to me.
- Each makes my heart melt.