New Year Survey 2012

I posted this survey at the beginning of 2010 and I thought it might be nice to repeat with each new year.

1) What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I gave birth to my second child
2) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I doubt it.  To be honest, I don't even remember my resolutions from 2011.  Sad, but true.  I'm hoping to stick to my guns a little better in 2012.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
My niece, Jocelyn.  My friends Jennifer and Katie.  Oh yeah, and me!
4) Did anyone close to you die?
No.
5) What countries did you visit?
The United States, of course.
6) What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Patience.  I've never been a very patient person, but I'd really like to develop that characteristic.
7) What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 1, 2011: the day our second daughter, Beverly Kate, was born

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having faith even when a situation seemed hopeless
9) What was your biggest failure?
Losing my cool with Abby

10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, no.

11) What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't buy it, but Mike gave me a Hobo wallet for my birthday...and it is fabulous.
12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mike - he made the decision to be a stay at home dad for our girls... and that took awesome strength and faith

13) Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The person will remain unnamed, but there are some opinions that should remain private.  I'm glad I don't let other people dictate my life anymore... it is so much more fulfilling now.
14) Where did most of your money go?
Bills and kids
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Growing our family
16) What song will always remind you of 2011?
There are so many... but probably When I Die Young by The Band Perry
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? happier
- thinner or fatter? thinner
- richer or poorer? richer in faith
18) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spending time with God

19) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying
20) How did you be spend New Year's?
Watching the ball drop on TV while rocking Katie, then watching Annie with Abby until she fell asleep on the couch
21) Did you fall in love in 2011?
Everyday
22) How many one-night stands?
None (ever)

23) What was your favorite TV program?
Parenthood
24) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I can't think of anyone that I actually hate. I'm not a fan of that word. But, there are people that I am much less fond of now than a year ago.

25) What was the best book you read?
The  Big Stone Gap series

26) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Adele
27) What did you want and get?
A stronger marriage

28) What did you want and not get?
A more comfortable financial standing
29) What was your favorite film of this year?
The Help
30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33 in 2011 and spent the day like any typical weekday...at work.
31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
No one thing would have made that big of an impact on my satisfaction

32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Pregnant chic
33) What kept you sane?
Mike
34) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lysa Terkeurst

35) What political issue stirred you the most?
school diversity

36) Whom did you miss?
Friends and family that aren't nearby
37) Who was the best new person you met?
Holly on the beach retreat
38) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
God's plan is only revealed when He knows you are ready.

39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"God's right there, even when you can't feel Him, I promise you that He still cares."



1 comment:

Sues said...

I love this survey. I haven't done it in a couple years, either, but I love reading it. :-)

Post a Comment