Counting the Days

I was reading a blog post from Lysa TerKeurst of Proverbs 31.  She reminded me that Christmas is only 74 days away.  {Gasp!}  With all the preparations for baby #2, I'd almost forgotten about Christmas.  In my mind, Christmas comes long after her expected arrival.  Then again, not so much.

I believe this will be a Christmas of total simplicity.  I do have every intention of getting the tree up in the first couple of weeks of November.  Once that is accomplished, I'm hoping to get the rest of the house decorated before Thanksgiving as well.

As for Christmas cards, I think I may give up and just use labels for the mailing addresses.  With a newborn and sleep deprivation, I don't think Mike or I will have the energy or the desire to address countless Christmas cards this year.  Just signing them will be an accomplishment.

In the deep recesses of my memory, I recall the days before parenthood... when I actually helped friends wrap their gifts and I had all of my Christmas shopping completely finished before Halloween.  This year, I'll be lucky to even go Christmas shopping.  Thank goodness for Amazon.com and Super Saver Shipping!

1 comment:

Sues said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I haven't hand-addressed Christmas cards...ever. How many do y'all do? We do 100-130. I print our scanned signatures on our Christmas letter, too. The tedium would take the joy out of it for me. The most important part of Christmas cards to me is ALWAYS *PICTURES*!!! :-)

I'm 100% sure you've already got this set, but baby's birth announcements & Christmas card = same envelope: 1 stamp & address. :-D

Post a Comment