Easy Pumpkin Muffins (again)

I posted about the Easy Pumpkin Muffins I stumbled on around this time last year.  Click here for the original recipe.

I've been craving the muffins again as we were teased with fall weather last week and as the calendar moves closer to the end of the year.  But, I've sworn off chocolate during my pregnancy, so the original recipe just wouldn't do.

For Abby's recent Bake Sale at school, I decided to change things up a bit and use white chocolate chips instead.  The result?  Fabulous pumpkin muffins!  For a few of them, I also sprinkled some brown sugar on top before baking... a wonderful idea that I will definitely remember for next time (I don't think it would be as good with the regular chocolate chips, but it's a perfect addition with white chocolate). 

As if this wasn't enough, I'm contemplating making them again (without any chips) and filling with white chocolate ganache.  Of course, that takes a little more time and preparation, but I can just imagine how tasty they would be.

1 comment:

Sues said...

That sounds dreamy! My mom made them for her bridge club and wanted to have a fancier flavor profile, so she did orange zest & pecans instead of my beloved choc chips. She got rave reviews! (But I'm sticking w/ the chips. ;-)) The recipe just lends itself to so much versitility! THANK YOU FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment