10 Weeks and Counting

We have a little less than 10 weeks until we *plan* to welcome our newest addition.  Even though I'll have a scheduled c-section, there's no guarantee that this little princess will cooperate, but I'm hoping that she does.  I have NO interest in going into labor unexpectedly and rushing to the hospital for a c-section... I much prefer picking the date, packing my bag a day or two before, enjoying a nice dinner the night before, dropping Abby off at school that morning, having the baby midday, and seeing Abby's excitement when she meets her baby sister that afternoon after school.  I know, I want it all, but who can blame a girl?  If I'm going to be gutted like a fish, I might as well get some benefit out of it, right?

I've made a ridiculously long (and tedious) list of things we need to get done before baby #2 arrives.  All of it isn't specific to the baby, but I'd like to get around to it before she enters the world.  Once I made the list, I immediately realized that we ONLY have 10 weeks!!!  It just looks so daunting, hanging on the cork board in the kitchen.  For me, I tend to get defeated by lists like that, so I tried to divide it up into rooms or areas of the house.  Don't get me wrong, it's still really long, but I think I can make it through a lot easier if I can focus on one room/area at a time.  It would be nice if I'd have the energy to do stuff every night when we get home, but by the time I've been up for 12+ hours, homework is done, dinner is prepared and eaten, I'm ready for some down time.  Maybe we can make some serious progress on the next few Saturdays and it won't seem so bad.

With less than 10 weeks to go, I've started looking at birth announcements.  I absolutely love that many companies run promotions with Shutterfly and we've racked up quite a few credits to our Shutterfly account.  I love the options we have with the products on Shutterfly and I know the quality is excellent after our Christmas cards last year.

10 weeks to go also means that I'm having to learn to delegate more readily at work.  While I love the idea of delegating (and completely understand the necessity), I tend to avoid it a lot of the time.  Part of that is the control-freak in me (admitting is the first step) and the perfectionist part of me doesn't make it any easier.  But, knowing that I'll be out of work for at least 2 months, I know that I need to make sure my normal tasks can be handled by someone else without a lot of confusion or questions.  It does make things a little more stressful right now, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment