Two Weeks and Counting

Every pregnant woman views milestones in pregnancy a little differently.  Since I'm very anal retentive detail-oriented, I'm in constant need of a new milestone or I get completely frustrated with the lack of progress.  (Yes, I know this is a 40 week process that I really have no control over and that I shouldn't rush...but I'm extremely impatient too!)  For me, all the typical milestones are fine, but each doctor's appointment is an additional milestone that helps me to keep my sanity (what little I have).  Two weeks from now, we should know so much more about our little bundle of joy.  I'm so excited!!!

But, since we aren't there quite yet, I'm happy to report that I'm feeling MUCH better.  Yay for less nausea and less utter exhaustion.  Don't get me wrong, I could still sleep/nap the entire day, but I don't feel like I'm going to fall asleep at the first red light on the way home.  Even though my nausea has reduced tremendously, I still find myself drawn to salty and savory over sweet.  Although I can enjoy limited sweets now without wanting to hurl, they just aren't as tasty.  Overall, I think this is probably a fabulous thing for a girl who could justify dessert as a meal sometimes.

I'm also thankful that I'm still able to wear non-maternity clothes.  Granted, everything in my vast closet (sarcasm people, nothing but sarcasm) doesn't fit, but I'm able to make it through the work week without having to wash a load of clothes to double up on anything (yet).  The comfy lounging stuff isn't so comfy anymore, but that's why I've confiscated a pair of shorts from my hubby.  They get washed a whole lot and I'm not sure if he's realized it yet, but I doubt he's getting them back :-)  I'm not looking forward to making purchases for maternity clothes for a few reasons.  1) The cost per wear ($100 dress that you wear 10 times has a $10 cost per wear) is ridiculous.  Realistically, these clothes are for a very short period of my life, assuming a live another couple of decades.  I'm cheap frugal when it comes to my clothes in general.  I'm sure there's a hidden complex or something with that (because I'm not as frugal when buying clothes for my family) but that's not the point.  I have a hard time paying $40 for a shirt that I'm only going to wear for 5 months...ever.  2) Plus size maternity clothes aren't very easy to find.  I'll admit, they are more available now (at least in the Raleigh area) than they were 7 years ago when I was pregnant with Abby.  But, I still can't run out to Target and buy a cute maternity top in plus sizes.  I can buy them online (limited), but we all know that online clothes shopping doesn't always prove to be the most productive.  3) I hate clothes shopping for myself.  It drives Mike crazy sometimes because even when I need to shop for some article of clothing for myself,I avoid it as long as possible and I'm never pleasant when I break down and shop.  I'm sure this is related to the complex I mentioned earlier, but what's a girl to do?

It looks like I might get some pre-nesting out of the way next weekend too.  Hopefully, Abby will partake in a sleepover at Nana and Papaw's house (my parents who live here in Raleigh).  While she's away, Mike and I will have a chance to go through the office and begin converting it into the nursery.  At the same time, we may even be able to get a good Spring Summer cleaning in for the rest of the house.  Admittedly, we have way more *stuff* than we need (or want), but it seems to multiply like rabbits when we aren't looking.  (Personally, I think the dog goes to flea markets during the day when we aren't home and pays day laborers to carry the stuff home for him.)  So, there's a lot of stuff that needs to find a home or find a home that's not in ours.

For now, I'm going to continue enjoying our unusually cool weather (low to mid 80's with low humidity) for another day or so before we are smacked in the face with the true NC reality... 90's with high humidity.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I would suggest going to consignment stores. We have a few down here. I'd be happy to look for you if you want me to.

Also...check eBay. I hated buying maternity stuff too.

Post a Comment