Winners and Losers

From the winners column, I have a few highlights to report :-)
  • Our Girls in Action class at church is 10-12 first grade girls.  Our teaching team is comprised of three moms...our daughters are in the class.  Due to various conflicts, I was along teaching last night.  Had that happened 2 months ago, I would have freaked out.  I'm not kidding.  While first grade girls are wonderful, 12 giddy girls who haven't seen each other in a few days and spent the past hour singing in choir?  Well, let me tell you, they are all about chatting away.  Plus, this age group really starts "clique"-ing, if you know what I mean.  Anyway, I didn't realize I was on my own until class got ready to start.  Apparently, my confidence level has improved significantly with recent activities and last night went great!  The girls behaved really well, staying on task as much as you can at 6 or 7, and we finished our projects just in time for class to end.
  • I entered an informal blog contest to guess the final score of the UNC/DUKE game last night.  I guessed 79 Duke, 72 UNC.  I won because no one came closer.  Too bad I didn't bet money on that one, huh?  And to think, I really didn't even care who won. (Admittedly, I don't pull for Carolina.  E.V.E.R.)
  • I'm still surviving the many changes at work.  I'm the first to tell you that change can be good.  I firmly believe that, even if it doesn't always seem good "in the moment."  For now, many of the changes are bittersweet, but I think they will prove to be positive for all of us in the long run. 
And from the losers column (thankfully, this is much shorter)
  • My eyes...I think I've taken my excellent eyesight for granted over the years.  Many of you know me to wear glasses on occasion...usually when I'm going to be at a computer for an extended period of time or reading for a while.  I've noticed, sad to say, in recent months that my eyesight, overall, seems to be changing (and not in a good way).  Today is a total struggle because I don't have my glasses with me and work involved hours and hours of computer work.  I'm a little wary of my eye exam later this month.  I don't want to be told that I have to wear glasses all the time.  Contacts don't work for me because of my allergies...totally uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Abbys Dad said...

Another one who has a comment on their eyesight.....hmmmmm....

Post a Comment