The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, January 31, 2011

Outside my window... the sky looks cloudy and gray.

I am thinking... how 2011 really hasn't started off all that well for our family.  I'm ready to move on to February in the hopes that this year will continue to show improvement (actually, A LOT of improvement).

I am thankful for... some girl time last night with Abby.  She picked out cute nail decals (hearts and flowers) and we ended the evening with some fabulous nails (hers with hearts and flowers, mine with a french manicure).

I am reading... Jemima J by Jane Green.  The jury is still out.  Maybe I've read too many other books about the fat chick who wants to be thin, but continues to secretly devour everything in sight AND crushes on the most handsome boy in the office... or maybe I just haven't read enough of the book to get a good vibe.  Either way, I'm still readining.  I did finish The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton.  I would recommend this book to anyone who values their girlfriends (through good and bad).  AWESOME!

I am going... to continue studying ethics.  Not as much fun as it sounds...and I know it doesn't sound like much fun at all.

I am hoping... this week isn't too much for Abby.  She had a bad cough over the weekend and this is going to be a busy week for her.  She's an usher for the school play, helping at both performances (Tues and Thurs evening). 

On my mind... reaching goals.

Noticing that... we can outgrow our fears.  I've always been afraid of speaking in front of people.  I hated giving presentations in school and avoided Communications in college for that reason.  The past couple of weeks have taught me that I've outgrown that fear, as I have stood in front of a room of people (small room, but still people) and led training exercises.

From the kitchen... probably chicken.

One of my favorite things... watching friends achieve their dreams.

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment