The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, December 20, 2010

Outside my window... it's crisp and cool.  All reminders of our snow last week and the brief flurries this weekend have been erased. 

I am thinking... how relieved I feel that my Christmas shopping is nearly complete.  I only have one stop left...Hallmark.  Luckily, I'm on a budget or I'd buy way too much.

I am thankful for... new experiences.  Mike and I attended our Sunday School Christmas Party on Saturday evening.  My face actually hurt by the time we left because I laughed so often and so hard.

I am reading...  The Owl & Moon Cafe by Jo-Ann Mapson.  I'm only a few pages in, but I already like the characters and their 'quirks.'  I recently finished The Girl Who Chase the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen.  I love her books and can't wait for The Peach Keeper next Spring.
I am remembering... Mike's birthday is only 8 days after Christmas *sigh*.

I am going... to buckle down the next few nights and try to knit a new scarf for Abby before Christmas.  The old one is too short now.

I am hoping... that Abby continues to believe in Santa Claus for a few more years.

On my mind... finishing touches.

Noticing that... prayer works.  You just have to give it a chance.

From the kitchen... homemade bagel pizzas.  Tonight is Abby's choice.

One of my favorite things... helping Abby shop for her dad at Christmas.

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment