The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, December 6, 2010

Outside my window... the wind seems to have died down.  Yesterday was blustery.

I am thinking... about finishing the Christmas decoration in our home tonight.  Abby and I got started this weekend and there is still a lot to be done.  And, those decorations might come down at MLK holiday.  We're going to enjoy the decorations for more than a couple of weeks.  I've put to much effort into them not to.

I am thankful for... good books.  The kind that make you stop and really think about life, relationships and so much more.

I am reading...  The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen.  A definite change from last week - My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.  Oh. My. Gosh.  I was blubbering as I finished reading that book on Sunday.  I don't mean tearing up or sniffling.  I had to put the book down and wipe my face (and nose).  Honestly, I don't remember the last book that made me blubber like that.  The last time I remember all out crying while reading a book was when Dumbledore died (laugh if you must, but it was sad).  But, I've never blubbered!!!  And, with all of that, I'd still read it again.  I'm contemplating watching the movie, but I've been told the ending is different.
I am remembering... gifts for Abby's teachers this year.   Must buy yarn this weekend.

I am going... hopefully finish our Christmas cards this weekend (designing them) and get them ordered.  I'm so behind already.

I am hoping... for our Christmas cards to arrive in the mail any day now.  I'm super excited.

On my mind... traditions.

Noticing that... snow in early December is very pretty to look at, but the older I get, the less I enjoy actually "being" in the snow.

From the kitchen... cubed steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas.

One of my favorite things... satellite radio without commercials.

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment