The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, November 8, 2010

Outside my window... the sun has been out for hours.  I love when daylight savings time ends.

I am thinking... how much I liked our team building exercise at work today.  It was nice to find out what my teammates think about me (positive things).

I am thankful for... safety.  A neighbors house was broken into on Friday evening and a number of items were stolen.  Not realizing it, I actually heard the break-in, but I just thought someone was taking out trash.  I'm also thankful that my parents have a spare vehicle they can loan us while our truck is in the shop.

I am reading...  I'm listening to Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert when I walk.  Next on my list is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.

I am remembering... that everyone has a purpose.

I am going... to find and take more pictures of Abby and Bojo.  She has started her first scrapbook and it's just of her and Bojo (her choice).  She completed the first five pages on Saturday and it's so cute!

I am hoping... the problems we've been experiencing with our truck are covered under warranty.

On my mind... I'm leading our Bible study this Thursday.

Noticing that... we made it through the first freeze this weekend...and we didn't even have heat.  We forgot to have the gas turned back on after the summer and it's scheduled for this Friday.  We decided to have a "slumber party" Saturday and Sunday night.  Abby slept on a pallet in our bedroom (because her room is super cold).  We closed the bedroom door and ran a space heater in the master bathroom until we went to bed.  Our room was nice and warm...but the downstairs was 62 degrees on Sunday morning!

From the kitchen... Mike cooked an awesome lupper (lunch/supper combo) yesterday afternoon.  Yummy pork chops, turnip greens and black-eyed peas.  I could get used to that.

One of my favorite things... frugal alternatives to Starbucks.

View more daybook entries here.

1 comment:

Sues said...

Lupper is my favorite meal!!!
I would love to see pics of Abby's scrapped pages. :-)
That break-in is scary, though. :'( Prayers of protection!

Post a Comment