The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Friday, October 29, 2010

Outside my window... the temperature has returned to normal after almost a week of 80's in OCTOBER!!! 

I am thinking... about placing the right emphasis and focus on things in my life.

I am thankful for... a fabulous time with friends last night.  I'm so thankful God has placed me where I am at this point in my life.  Even with all the un-fun stuff, I'm still aware of the many blessings He provides for me.

I am reading... Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner. I'm also listening to Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert when I walk.  While waiting for the doctor yesterday, I had Mike read an except from Little Earthquakes.  It was nice to see him laugh out loud...and I told him, "See what you are missing when you don't read 'chick' books?!?!"  

I am remembering... to be more realistic when volunteering for things and saying yes. 

I am going... to Fall Fest at our church tonight.  The whole family is looking forward to the festivities this year.  Abby will be a cheerleader.

I am hoping... for improvement as Mike follows new instructions from the doctor.  He will be making some major medication changes and I'm hoping this will alleviate some or all of Mike's symptoms.

On my mind... our nephew, Ethan.  Please pray for wisdom, strength and healing.  Also, pray for his family.

Noticing that... even though things don't always turn out as we planned, they still work out.

From the kitchen... kitchen is closed for the evening :-)

One of my favorite things... I sampled the new flavored VIA instant coffee at Starbucks (mocha).  I was expecting it to be 'ick' but it was totally 'yum'!

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment