The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Outside my window...it's dark and rainy.

I am thinking... about all the things I'd like to get completed today.

I am thankful for... some Mountain Dew this morning.  I'm definitely going to need it today.

I am reading... Litte Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner. I'm also listening to Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert when I walk.

I am remembering... to start planning for the holidays.  Christmas is less than two months away!!!

I am going... to Fall Fest at our church on Friday evening.  The whole family is looking forward to the festivities this year.

I am hoping... for a smooth transition from first to second grade for Abby.  Seems a little early to be hoping for that, I know.  But, we found out this weekend that one proposal for next year is to close Abby's school (splitting students among three area schools) and re-open as a 6th grade campus for the middle school nearby.  I understand the need for this, I just want whatever happens to be a positive experience for Abby.

On my mind... Mike's doctor's appointment on Thursday.

Noticing that... my dog absolutely detests getting wet.  Waking up to pouring rain didn't make him a very happy beagle.

From the kitchen... gourmet beanie weanies.

One of my favorite things... seasonal drinks at Starbucks.  Yummy!

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment