Easy Pumpkin Muffins

I'm a huge pumkpin fan. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin soup...you get the idea. One of the great things about fall is the plethora of pumpkin!

I recently stumbled on a super simple recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins at Our Best Bites. To be honest, it seemed almost too easy. But, we tried them this weekend and they were fabulous. We made them again Monday night for a staff breakfast Tuesday morning at Abby's school.

Here's the recipe:
1 box Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix
1 15oz can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine the cake mix and pumpkin until blended. Add chocolate chips.
3. Pour into muffin pan with liners. (I actually just sprayed my pan with non-stick cooking spray.) **These don't rise as much as normal cupcakes or muffins, so you can fill your muffin liners a little fuller.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

And really, these are so easy, a first grader can do it!!!

3 comments:

Sues said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is the easiest thing I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT to try this!!!!!!! What's the texture? Super dense, or not at all? Drier or super moist?

Phyllis said...

They are super moist. More dense than your typical muffin, but almost a creamy dense. I can't think of anything with the same texture, except maybe a truffle.

Sues said...

You just described perfection. SO EXCITED!!!

Post a Comment