The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Outside my window... it has been raining most of the afternoon.

I am thinking... how long ago today seemed when Abby finished Kindergarten. Now, it's already the first day of 1st grade!

I am thankful for... answers. With everything that has been going on with Mike's health since Christmas, I'm thankful for every small piece of the puzzle. I'm not happy about how all the pieces are shaped, but I'm glad to at least get some of the pieces in place.

I am reading... South of Broad by Pat Conroy. I'm going to be so disappointed when he stops writing books.

I am remembering... to update my dayplanner with all new things. It's like Christmas in August because I'm addicted to planners, calendars, etc. and I enjoy adding new things to my calendar. I'm a freak, but I'm ok with that.

I am going... to church tonight for our Choir and Missions kick-off.

I am hoping... for Mike to find some peace in all the things he's been dealing with lately.

On my mind... letting go and letting God do His thing. Control freaks always have a tough time with this. Me = control freak.

Noticing that... we all need a good laugh every now and then.

From the kitchen... something quick and easy.

One of my favorite things... quiet time.

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment