The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, August 16, 2010

Outside my window... the workday is almost over. The sun is shining brightly and it looks hot.

I am thinking... how amazing The Help was. I'm still trying to absorb everything and figure out how I feel about it all.

I am thankful for... open communication. This is something that has always been hard for me, because there are times when I would rather just be "nice," instead of being honest.

I am reading... nothing. Just finished one book and I've got to find something else to read. Feel free to leave me a suggestion or two.

I am remembering... how many times Abby has asked me to be a "teacher" in one of her classes at church. I just received a phone call, asking if I would be able to volunteer on Wednesday nights. Part of me wants to help, but the other part isn't sure if volunteering in Abby's class would be such a good idea.

I am going... to make some decisions about some things really soon. Vague, I know.

I am hoping... for a uneventful week at work.

On my mind... finding balance.

Noticing that... dreams change.

From the kitchen... chicken pot pie.

One of my favorite things... a good book.

View more daybook entries here.

1 comment:

Sues said...

It totally depends on the child, but I *do* find it hard to teach Will & Annelise. I've had Will in VBS and Sis in dance before; it's hard for them, b/c I don't want to show them any favoritism, and it's hard for the other kids, b/c they don't have *their* mommies in there, too.
For some people, it's totally no big deal, but I understand if you don't want to do it.

Post a Comment