The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, August 2, 2010

Outside my window... everything looks a little gray. Definitely a good day to stay home, snuggled under the covers, reading a book. Why am I at work?

I am thinking...how poorly our morning routine went today. For some reason, Abby and I just couldn't get in sync. Voices were raised, tears were shed. I'm praying for patience and a much better evening.

I am thankful for... my friendships. The definition of "friendship" has certainly changed for me as I've gotten older. I'm more thankful now, than ever, for the fabulous friendships I share.

I am reading... The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud. I'm only a few pages into the book and I'm already hooked.

I am remembering... the goals I have set for myself.

I am going... to clean at least one bathroom in our house tonight. At least, that's the plan.

I am hoping... for Mike's health to improve. He's scheduled for more tests on Wednesday of this week.

On my mind... finding balance.

Noticing that... my ears still aren't ready for "cute" earrings. I tried a pair on Sunday for about 3.5 hours and I'm paying for it now.

From the kitchen... something with ground beef.

One of my favorite things... reaching a goal.

View more daybook entries here.

1 comment:

Sues said...

I hate mornings like that. :'(

Praying for Wednesday!

Post a Comment