Meal Making

As much as I like to plan ahead (with absolutely everything), I had never attended a group meal making event until last night. I have to admit, I had a great time.

The women in our Sunday school class try to get together for a devotion and social time on Thursdays throughout the summer. This week's "social" was a meal making event. We each brought certain items (mostly the proteins for our meals) and the coordinator purchased the shared items for us to use.

To be honest, I was completely freaked out about the whole thing. When I first saw it on the calendar, I thought, "Not sure about that. I'll just skip that week." Mike urged me to go, reminding me that I need to do things for myself outside of the house. I couldn't argue with that logic. Of course, the trip to the grocery store on Wednesday night seemed very stressful. It was hard for me - not sure why. It just seemed unfinished and I felt like I was constantly leaving something out or forgetting something. I'm a perfectionist/control freak --- a scary combination (just ask my family). Anyway, I stayed up late Wednesday night prepping everything as best I could. Checking and rechecking that I had everything I needed. Seriously, this whole thing had me so stressed. Even yesterday, before I actually arrived, I was stressing.

All of that stress and worry for nothing. I had a great time. It was so much fun hanging out with everyone. I'm certainly lucky to have found such an awesome group of women to be a part of. And, to top it off, I have nearly a week's worth of meals ready and waiting in my freezer. I'm really going to be loving it next week when I'm not scrambling to find something for dinner every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment