Never Give Up

So God was talking to me loud and clear on Sunday morning. LOUD and CLEAR.

The pastor's sermon was Never Give Up. When I saw it written, I immediately thought of Jimmy V. That's what happens when you attend NC State, your husband attends (and is attending NC State) and your father-in-law graduated from NC State. Anyway, I figured it would be an interesting sermon.

Before the sermon, a member of the church gave his testimony. Even though Abby was a fidget-britches, I couldn't help but be moved by his story. A strong man, who found his identity in his strength, diagnosed with Parkinson's nearly 15 years ago. I couldn't believe how amazing he was.

The sermon was totally for me. Never give up...just like Jimmy V and Kay Yow. Keep your faith strong and remember that God does things in His own time. I needed that reassurance. I think sometimes we all need that reassurance. The solo was also moving - everyone has a God-shaped hole and only He can fill the void.

I won't be giving up on anything any time soon. Don't let yourself give up either!

1 comment:

Post a Comment