Summer Fellowship

For the summer, the women in our Sunday School class are getting together every Thursday evening for a couple of hours. We begin with an informal devotion and then move on to the theme for the night (working out, coffee and convo, game night, etc.) Last night was the first one of the summer and it was great.

I love that I'm getting the opportunity to fellowship with other women that I can relate to. Many of us work outside of the home, have kids, etc. I really take comfort in the notion that I'm not being judged...don't be shocked. I can't tell you the number of times I've been questioned or gently chided for being a working mother at some of the churches I have attended.

I'm really looking forward to each week. Of course, I'm still really nervous about my week to lead the devotional, but I'm sure it will be fine.

With everything going on in our lives right now, this is the perfect place for me to unwind. It is a true blessing provided by the Lord. One that I am quite thankful for.

1 comment:

Sues said...

I think it sounds dreamy!!! :-) So wonderful that you have this!!!

Post a Comment