Still Holding My Breath

After many, many prayers, Mike returned to work on Wednesday (yesterday). I'm not sure what I expected, but he made it through the entire day. It wasn't ideal, but with his symptoms, not much is. Today is day two...and I'm still holding my breath.

No clue why...other than I'm a worrier by nature and watching Mike deal with this stuff for the past 5 months has made me really aware of his health. It's not that I didn't care before, but I wasn't as aware (as an observer). Unless you've lived through this type of thing with your spouse, it's hard to explain. I have one good friend that went through a significant health issue (I don't want to call it a crisis, but...) and she's been a rock for me. Another good friend is going through a health issue with her husband, and I find it reassuring that I'm not alone (and I'm not crazy).

Of course, Mike is still waiting for the acceptance of his referral to UNC. We both know there is nothing we can do to speed up the process and after nearly a week of tossing that around in my head, I'm finally coming to terms with it. I'm the person that will try everything possible, but there's really nothing at this point - alright, nothing helpful or productive.

1 comment:

Sues said...

You are SOOOO *NOT* alone or crazy!!! Covering y'all in prayer!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment