The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Friday, June 11, 2010

Outside my window...it's just plain hot. I think I'd be OK if we skipped summer and went straight to fall.

I am thinking...Father's Day. It's a little more than a week away.

I am thankful for...the YMCA. Abby really loves the counselors she spends the day with (track-out camp and summer camp).

I am reading...Unshaken by Francine Rivers, book three of the A Lineage of Grace series.

I am remembering...how silly I felt this morning when I realized Abby had no sunscreen. After dropping her off, I had to return home to grab a can and stop by the Y to spray it on her. Of course, I didn't realize it wasn't spray...it was thick lotion...and I had to stand outside trying to rub lotion all over her. Needless to say, I smell like coconut and my hands won't burn today!

I am going...grocery shopping tomorrow. One thing on my list - Stonyfield yogurt. I recently tried the cream top variety and OMG! Heavenly.

I am hoping...for a clean house this weekend. Ha!

On my mind...finding time.

Noticing that...Abby is very motivated to earn a swimband at the Y - so she can go down the slide and not wear a floaty during swim time at camp.

From the kitchen...something good.

One of my favorite things...organic yogurt.

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment