Day 2 and Counting

I was able to successfully complete day 2 of learning to run. After Tuesday's discouraging results, I was determined to make today a success. And, it definitely took some determination.

I awoke (without the alarm) around 4:15 (15 minutes early) because my stomach was telling me that something I ate yesterday wasn't agreeing. I wondered if I'd be able to make it 30 minutes away from the house (tmi - I know). Around 4:40, I decided to make a run for it (ha ha ha). It was quite foggy this morning, something I wasn't expecting. About 2 blocks from my house, I heard a gunshot. To put this in perspective, our neighborhood backs up to the Neuse River...where hunters frequently search for deer, ducks, etc. Being the city girl that I am, I couldn't tell you if that was the type of gunshot I heard or not. I'm going to tell myself it was a hunter.

After all of that, things went fairly smoothly. I did take the inhaler with me today and ended up using it about halfway through (that darn 15 minute mark). But, I was able to recover and keep pace. Woohoo!

Now, I'm WIDE awake and looking forward to a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment