The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Thursday, May 6, 2010

Outside my window...we're having a Code Orange air quality day. :-(

I am thinking...that I'm glad I cleaned my desk at work. Now, it doesn't look like a paper monster up-chucked everywhere.

I am thankful for...God's kindness and love.

I am reading...The Baby-Sitters Club, The Summer Before, by Ann M Martin. Laugh if you must. Many of us remember The Baby-Sitters Club series from our childhood. The books were originally published between 1986 and 2000. Now, Ms. Martin has returned to write a prequel to the original series. I couldn't resist...because I loved those books as a young girl. All these years later, I can actually remember many of the characters and the stories as I read this book.

I am remembering...struggles make us stronger.

I am going...to enjoy playing a game with Abby this afternoon when she gets home from school. Maybe Uno or Yahtzee.

I am hoping...to enjoy a calm, quiet weekend with my family.

On my mind...Mother's Day is only a few days away. It really snuck up on me this year.

Noticing that...when I'm super busy at work, I tend to forget (or not notice) when I'm hungry. Not an entirely bad thing :-)

From the kitchen...hamburger helper. No, I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's easy and fast.

One of my favorite things...singing along to the radio and not worrying about who sees me.

View more daybook entries here.

1 comment:

Sues said...

Mother's Day has totally snuck up on me, too. No plans for me or my mom at all. Oops.

Post a Comment