Hilburn Bound

Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, "Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the LORD your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.

~2 Chronicles 20:20

The Lord has blessed us, yet again.

The past few months (alright, nearly 10) have been a struggle at times. I've been less than thrilled with Abby's school situation and I have spent hours researching our options - reviewing school test scores, browsing individual school websites, talking with friends (and teachers) about various schools in the district, reading multiple policies and trying to interpret what they really mean, perusing PTA information, holding Q&A sessions via email with principals, teachers and before/after school coordinators. I'm not embarrassed to admit any of this. I think they time spent was well worth it.

Yesterday afternoon, a letter came from the school system, addressed to the parents of Abby. I was literally holding my breath as Mike opened the letter and read it aloud. I started tearing up when I realized our transfer request had been approved. Abby couldn't understand why mom was crying :-) I was so happy. So relieved. So thankful. So blessed.

Thank you to my friends and family who have prayed for Abby's school situation and thank you for continuing to bless me with words of encouragement as I played the waiting game. Most importantly, thanks be to God for His awesome love and power.

1 comment:

Sues said...

This is THE BEST news!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment