The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, February 15, 2010

Outside my window...it looks like rain.

I am thinking...about marking all the things off my to-do list this week. It's really, really long and I'm not feeling it at all right now.

I am thankful for...prayers. I really took comfort in the prayers that were sent up for our family as Mike had surgery on Friday morning. His surgery went well and he's home, recovering.

I am wearing...my hair curly today. It's growing back out (slowly) and it's getting to that in-between stage.

I am remembering...the importance of a good night's sleep. I haven't gotten that in the past few days and I'm starting to feel the effects.

I am going...to keep clipping coupons. It really does make a huge difference.

I am hoping...for financial wisdom.

On my mind...healing. Now that Mike's surgery has passed, it's on to the recovery. He's still in pain and very uncomfortable. I'm hoping that after today, he'll start improving.

Noticing that...it's Girl Scout Cookie time again.

Pondering these words..."I love you."

From the kitchen...leftover lasagna. I cheated and made the no-bake noodles recipe from the Harris Teeter box. It called for jarred sauce which we never use. We were all really surprised when it turned out quite tasty. A little sweeter than usual, but still quite good and a whole lot easier!!!

One of my favorite things...unexpected hugs and kisses.

View more daybook entries here.

2 comments:

Sues said...

SOOO glad to hear about Mike doing OK!

What kind of jarred sauce did you use for the lasagna? I love a sweeter taste!

Phyllis said...

I used one jar of Bertolli Olive Oil and Garlic and one jar of Bertolli Organic Olive Oil, Basil and Garlic. Normally, we make our pasta sauces from scratch, but these were quite tasty.

Post a Comment