The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, February 8, 2010

Outside my window...is bright sunshine. Of course, this is misleading, because it's still quite cold.

I am thinking...about what to have for lunch today. The morning didn't go as I had planned in my head last night so I have nothing packed in my lunchbox. As a matter of fact, I don't even have my lunchbox. But, I think it went the way God planned and that is what matters.

I am thankful for...a healthy child, a healthy dog, and a husband who is on the way to being healthy. (I type all that with fingers crossed, feet off the floor and one eye closed. It's been a rough few days around our house, but it looks like the kid and the canine are getting back to normal and the hubby will be seeing a doctor today that should eventually provide him some much needed relief.)

I am wearing...my new glasses that aren't really so new anymore.

I am remembering...how nice it was to watch the Saints win the Super Bowl last night.

I am going...to a parent-teacher conference tomorrow afternoon. This will be the third time we've tried to schedule...foiled by weather and illness.

I am currently reading...nothing. Sad, I know.

I am hoping...for a calm week.

On my mind...surgery. Mike will be meeting with a surgeon today and most likely scheduling a surgery. Nothing major (yeah, I know...all surgeries are major), but this one should be pretty routine.

Noticing that...prayers do work in amazing ways. You just have to let God do His thing.

Pondering these words...from my 5-year-old, "I want to be an obeying child." Amen!

From the kitchen...heathly food...no, really. I was good until the weekend again. But, the scale did move in the right direction, if only part of a pound. MUST. STOP. CHEATING.

Around the house...ha, ha, ha.

One of my favorite things...enjoying a peaceful morning with Abby. No arguments with my strong-willed daughter.

View more daybook entries here.

1 comment:

Sues said...

You sound like you have a great attitude today, in spite of everything on the outside pushing on your heart. Sending prayers of wisdom for the doctor(s) Mike meets with this afternoon!!!

Post a Comment