The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, February1, 2010

Outside my window...the snow and ice are melting away. The parking lot at my office is looking a little less scary.

I am thinking...how awesome AWD can be. Driving in to work this morning, I found myself quite happy to be driving our Equinox.

I am thankful for...no power outages this weekend. The snow was pretty and it was nice to enjoy it without shivering inside.

I am wearing...jeans! Since the office opened late, we could wear jeans today.

I am remembering...the two feet of snow from 10 years ago. We couldn't leave home for days, and even then it was a real chore.

I am going...to workout from home tonight. I'm not crazy enough to venture to the Y after dark.

I am currently reading...the Bible.

I am hoping...to have a good meeting with Abby's teacher tomorrow. It's not a dreaded parent-teacher conference, but I wish we didn't need one.

On my mind...test results. Mike is awaiting results from a missed call on Thursday afternoon. His physician doesn't work on Fridays, so we couldn't find out anything until today. Of course, the results were with the physician this morning, so we're still waiting for a call this afternoon. I'm praying that the results are definitive.

Noticing that...my face is wind-burnt after our outdoor activities this weekend.

Pondering these words...from my 5-year-old, "Nobody is better than anybody else, except God and Jesus."

From the kitchen...healthy food again. Let's just say we've ordered pizza, fried shrimp, french fries with dipping sauces, pizza rolls...throughout the weekend. I was shocked to hop on the scale this morning and still report a loss. It wasn't a big loss, but a loss nonetheless.

Around the house...lots of things need to be cleaned. I may actually be motivated tonight.

One of my favorite things...seeing Abby and Bojo enjoying the winter weather.

View more daybook entries here.

1 comment:

Sues said...

Praying for answers for you this afternoon!!!

Post a Comment