Keeping the Faith

When it rains, it pours...

Mike is still dealing with an undiagnosed illness. We're waiting for more test results from the doctor, knowing that he's already facing surgery for something that was found but unlikely the cause of everything that has been going on. Within the last day, our dog has gotten sick. I'm not sure if he ate something that didn't agree, failed to chew his Dentabone completely before swallowing or something even worse. Luckily, he still seems to be in good spirits, happy to eat and drink as usual. We've switched him over to chicken baby food and rice for a few days to see if that helps to settle things down. And, Abby awoke multiple times during the night, vomiting. Poor thing. We think she may have contracted some form of food poisoning. She doesn't have any symptoms other than the obvious. So, when she was so excited to return to school after 3 snow days...she ends up staying home for a visit to the pediatrician.

Even with all of this going on, I find myself pausing to ask God for wisdom and purpose. I'm not angry that everything seems to go wrong all at the same time. And, I don't feel like I'm (we're) being punished. I know that bad things (and difficult things) happen to good people everyday. It's a part of living in our fallen world. And, I know God will get us through all of this, no matter how impossible it may seem moment to moment.


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
1 Corinthians 1:30

I'm so incredibly thankful that God has blessed me with a wonderful and loving family (immediate and extended), provisions beyond what is needed, and so much more. I pray that He will provide wisdom and guidance through the tough times, and continue to provide through the easy times as well. Lord, please keep my eyes and heart open to Your faithfulness.

1 comment:

Sues said...

Your spiritual gift *IS* faith!!! What a strong woman you are, to be going through all this junk, and still not be waivering!!! I KNOW that God will show you favor for you faithfulness!!!!!!! Stand strong, and I will also stand in agreement with you for answers to your prayers!

Post a Comment