They Grow Up So Fast

Today, I took Abby to get her ears pierced. Yep, my little girl now has two more holes in her head. We talked through what would happen for the past couple of weeks. At her request, I pinched her earlobe really hard at one point so she could get an idea of what it would feel like.

Of course, nothing could truly prepare her for the actual pain (and sound) of the gun shooting an earring through her earlobe. But, the princess did great! We did take a break between ear one and ear two. Composure was necessary to continue. I opted to take Abby to her pediatricians' office because I felt like that was a cleaner, more professional environment. And, I'm so glad. The nurses were super compassionate and did a great job at helping to keep Abby calm. I can't imagine how things would have gone if I had taken her anywhere else.

I was a little bummed that I forgot the camera, but I snuck into her room tonight after she went to sleep to snap a pic...

1 comment:

Sues said...

Awww! Did you do it for anything special? Like a reward for good behavior or special occasion?

Post a Comment