The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly. No one would ever know we're expecting snow Friday and Saturday.

I am thinking...of how God gives us the strength that we need, even if we don't realize it all of the time.

I am thankful for...Abby's new devotional. She really seems to enjoy reading from it each night.

I am wearing...my NC State necklace. Even if we didn't win last night, I'm still proud to be a Wolfpack fan. Regardless of the outcome last night, at the end of the season, we'll still remember beating Duke. As a matter of fact, we'll probably remember that for years to come.

I am remembering...a sense of accomplishment last night as I worked through my to-do list around the house. I'm slowly tranforming my perception of to-do lists. My natural tendency is to be upset with myself if I only complete 4 out of 5 things. I'm trying to be happy that I completed something and move on from that one thing that didn't get finished. It's a very slow process, but I'm getting there.

I am going...to the Y tonight. I started a running program this week...similiar to the "Couch Potato to 5k in 8 weeks" but with more gradual increases. I'm not going to set the goal of completing it in 8 weeks because I just know that won't happen. If I can run for 30 minutes straight by Mother's Day, I'll be thrilled.

I am currently reading...the Bible.

I am hoping...that Abby's ears and my ears continue to heal well from our recent piercings. (So far, so good) I'm also hoping that her hand continues to heal from the ice skate incident. It looked much better last night and she's doing a good job of leaving the bandages alone. That is a HUGE accomplishment for her.

On my mind...Mike. After another appointment yesterday, the doctor has scheduled Mike for another diagnostic test on Thursday. This whole thing is very hard for him right now. He's been out of commission for nearly a month and he's not getting any better. I continue to pray for guidance and wisdom for his doctors; faith, patience, strength and healing for Mike; and faith, peace and patience for me and Abby. I know it is very hard for her. Almost daily, she asks me if Daddy will have to go back to the hospital. She has vivid memories of his illness and surgery when she was a little less than 3.

Noticing that...my decaf, non-fat, skinny vanilla latte was quite tasty.

Pondering these words... "It was not you who sent me here, but God." ~Genesis 45:8a

From the kitchen...I'm thinking Chick-fil-a.

Around the house...the kitchen and bathroom floors really need to be cleaned. Any volunteers?

One of my favorite things...is hearing Abby's laughter.

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment