The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, January 18, 2010

Outside my window...the sun has gone down and it's a little cool.

I am thinking...about what my spiritual gift(s) might be. Our pastor's message this weekend touched on spiritual gifts and I'm curious to know what mine are.

I am thankful for...time alone with my hubby.

From the kitchen...we had barbecued chicken and baked beans for dinner.

I am wearing...earrings. That's right. Abby kept asking me to wear earrings again since she got her ears pierced on Friday. So on Saturday afternoon, I had my bottom holes repierced. She was so proud of me because I didn't cry.

I am going...back to work tomorrow. *sigh*

I am reading...The Bible.

I am praying...for wisdom and understanding in so many areas of my life.

Around the house...the Christmas decorations have been put away. Now, I just need to find the resolved to box the tree up.

One of my favorite things...is losing weight. I weighed in this morning another 5.8lbs down. Woohoo!

View more daybook entries here.

3 comments:

Sues said...

Have you ever taken a spiritual gifts assessment test? I've done two, and they are fascinating! I seem to have the gifts of exhortation & mercy. There are a lot of versions out there, but the two I did just used the gifts listed in Romans 12: exhortation, giving, leadership, mercy, prophecy, service, teaching
Some of the definitions are not quite what you'd think, either. Ask your church if they have an assessment you can do, or maybe if they have (or will offer) a short class on it. The tests usually take about 30 min to go through (100/150 questions that you answer how you feel about them: agree sometimes, always, never, etc.) and then you total up the answers to see where you're gifted and hear the explanation. If your church doesn't recommend one, let me know!

PS - baked beans are my fave! :-)

Phyllis said...

Sues - I've taken one before, but it wasn't very in depth and I didn't really have a good understanding of it at the time. I think our church is going to be asking everyone to complete a very basic assessment in the near future. I may see if I can find a more in depth assessment online (just for peace of mind). Thanks!!!

Sues said...

PPS - Joyce Meyer (my ultimate fave spiritual teacher) talked yesterday & today on "Gifts & Fruit" in our lives. You can watch online or download her podcasts, if you're interested or even have time: http://www.joycemeyer.org/ourministries/broadcast/

Post a Comment