The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, January 4, 2010.

Outside my window...it’s still very, very cold outside. But, I’m thankful for the beautiful (although not warm) sunshine.

I am thinking...about Abby and her first day back to school after a nearly 6 week break. I’m still not a fan of year-round schools…even though everyone said I’d like it once I tried it. *Hmph.*

I am thankful for...a new year with new blessings and new opportunities.

From the kitchen...leftover homemade chicken potpie and the remaining oatmeal spice cookies.

I am wearing...chipped and flaked nail polish. I guess I should accept the fact that the manicure from Christmas Eve won’t last forever, no matter how long I ignore the chips and flakes of color.

I am going...to be in the carpool line this afternoon with fingers crossed (that Abby had a ‘green’ day).

I am reading...Love & Respect.

I am hoping...the doctor will have wisdom this afternoon. Mike is experiencing some horrible symptoms that are similar to past health issues. Please pray the doctor can provide guidance and treatment.

Around the house...I washed 6 or 7 loads of laundry on Sunday. I’m happy to report that the washer and dryer survived.

One of my favorite things...the fresh start a new year holds.

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment