The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Outside my window...there was no fog this morning. A welcome change.

I am thinking...that something is bound to go right today at work. I feel like everything I'm touching turns into a mess.

I am thankful for...unanswered prayers. Sometimes, you pray for something and may even become frustrated because it seems like God isn't hearing you. Only to later discover He heard you, but He knew you would be better off if He didn't answer that prayer.

From the kitchen...I tried to make snowball cookies last night. They turned out OK, but not as good as I had hoped. I guess I'm all grown up now...I need a zester...a key ingredient missing from the coating on the snowballs was orange zest.

I am wearing...no shoes. Oh, how I love to be barefoot.

I am going...to be making lots of sausage balls tonight. Mike and I are both bringing treats for work tomorrow.

I am reading...Midnight Sun and Dead as a Doornail.

I am hoping...no one finds the gifts I've hidden in the house...since everything I ordered has arrived.

Around the house...I have lots of clothes to wash. How do three people make so many dirty clothes?

One of my favorite things...reading. I remember reading as a kid, but I never enjoying reading when I had to. Now, I find that I love to read, as long as it's interesting. I've attempted a few books that just didn't do it for me, but I just return those to the library as soon as I can.

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment