What's On My Mind

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I'm a planner. I've always been a planner.

For whatever reason, I got lazy over the past couple of months and let my dayplanner fall to the wayside. That's right...I stopped keeping it up to date. Instead, I tried to remember everything or jot down notes in various places. I just can't do that anymore. There's just too much going on to expect myself to remember all of it.

Getting my dayplanner out today, I realized how much I really do have floating around in my head. Obviously, I wouldn't bore you with everything, but here's just a peak:

Health - the health of my husband (Lord, please give the doctor's wisdom and help us to keep perspective); the health of my daughter (Lord, thank you for a healthy child who bounces back quickly); my health (Lord, thank you for giving me the ability to identify the changes I need to make in my life to be more healthy); family & friends(Lord, please provide health and wellness to all of our family and friends, especially through this cold and flu season).

School - Mike (I'm so proud of Mike. Going back to school is never easy, yet he's doing an awesome job and even surprising himself.) Abby (She's doing really well. She's blown through the word lists for kindergarten and first grade already...and it's not even Thanksgiving. I just hope her teachers can keep her challenged during the day and we can provide extra learning opportunities at home. I also think about school going forward, beyond kindergarten.) Me (I really need to finish the self-study courses I started at work. I'd think I would enjoy that feeling of accomplishment in obtaining my Certificate in General Insurance. I just need to find the time and commit myself to that.)

Work - It's sad to admit that there are days when I feel no motivation. Other days, I'm open to any new challenge (bring it!). I'm hoping I can be more positive around the office so I don't dread certain tasks or topics.

Holidays - Wow! It's almost Thanksgiving. Before Abby, I would have the Christmas shopping done before Halloween some years. That ended about 6 years ago. Now, I'm lucky to remember who to buy gifts for. I did go out on a limb this year for myself and I actually made my own wish list before anyone asked me what I wanted for Christmas. In year's past, I end up struggling to figure out what I actually want. I know, that sounds crazy, but I never seem to be able to come up with anything. This year, I made a big girl list with real stuff...Camelbak water bottles, bookmarks, dayplanner refill, mechanical pencils, iTunes gift cards, etc...I know, most of it seems practical, but it's better than, "I don't know." Now, I just need to figure out what I'm getting everyone else and what we're doing to celebrate over the next couple of months.

1 comment:

Sues said...

I am all about asking for practical "gifts" for myself. It's stuff I'm going to buy, anyway, whether you give it to me or not. It's a money-saving gift to have them bought for me! My mother-in-law doesn't get that. Apparently random knick knacks are a better idea to her for me... (Haha! Sorry to go off!)

Post a Comment