The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Outside my window...is a blah kind of day.

I am thinking...about all the yummy things we’ll be eating tomorrow.

I am thankful for...opportunities. I’m especially thankful for the wisdom God has given me to find the hidden blessings in the struggles and challenges I face. Without those struggles and challenges (aka opportunities), I wouldn’t be the person I am today.

From the kitchen...turkey, dressing, cranberries, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, Parker House rolls, cream cheese pecan pie. Guess I’ll be getting up early tomorrow :-)

I am wearing...newly colored hair and I LOVE it! All that crazy highlight stuff is gone.

I am going...to see a movie with the family on Thanksgiving. We’re planning on taking Abby to see Blind Side. I think she’s mature enough for the topics addressed in the movie and I think it might be a good lesson for her.

I am reading...Dead Until Dark. I finished Shakespeare’s Counselor last night and decided to start the Sookie Stackhouse series by the same author.

I am hoping...to get my allergy shot at lunch today. The doctor’s office is closing early and I’m a little worried they might be super busy with people seeking to be stabbed with needles.

Around the house...we’re going to be decorating for Christmas this weekend. I can’t wait.

One of my favorite things...is getting notes and cards in the mail.

View more daybook entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment