The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Friday, November 6, 2009

Outside my window...it's really, really cold. I think living in Illinois as a child taught me to like cold weather.

I am thinking...how glad I am that it's Friday.

I am thankful for...making it through this week (almost). This has been one of those weeks that has tested every part of my being.

From the kitchen...Sicilian Casserole for dinner tonight (yum).

I am wearing... black slacks with red/white/black top. No, my wardrobe doesn't contain much variety.

I am creating...a grocery list (and menu plan) for next week. I will try to stop eating sugar and white flour foods. That's a huge thing for me since I could eat breads and sweets non-stop.

I am going...to Just Desserts next week at church. It's a Women's Ministry gathering and I can't wait. Only thing...I need to figure out what to prepare for sharing.

I am reading...Love & Respect. I'm proud of myself for remembering to put it in my bag this morning. That will give me something to read at breaks during the day at work.

I am hoping...and praying for wisdom in Mike's doctors and quick healing. I know the Lord has plans and does things in His time.

I am hearing...great music. A co-worker has recorded a number of records (ok, I guess they aren't really records anymore) and he is very talented. Check him out on YouTube or MySpace.

Around the house...I'm going to focus on getting everything together that needs to be sold or donated. Craigslist, here I come.

One of my favorite things...spending an evening with my hubby chatting and watching some of our tv shows (thank goodness for the DVR).

A few plans for the rest of the week: cleaning all of the sugar and white flour foods from our pantry, fridge and freezer. It may sound drastic, but if it's there, I'll be too tempted to eat it.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Abby is enjoying a deep-fried Oreo at the NC State Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment