The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, November 9, 2009

Outside my window...is a crisp autumn morning.

I am thinking...about schoool options for Abby next year.

I am thankful for...God leading us to find a new church. I never realized what I was missing until we found Trinity. Now, I truly feel "at home."

From the kitchen...well, the idea of a flour and sugar free diet was good, but really tough to navigate. I spent more time at the grocery store this weekend than I wanted to. But, I did get a lot of things that are much healthier than usual.

I am wearing... gray slacks, black sweater and blue cami.

I am creating...a lot of space in my fridge and freezer tonight. I'll be picking up the cookie dough orders from Abby's school tonight (PTA fundraiser). I just hope I can make enough room for everything.

I am going...to workout this afternoon or this evening...no matter how tired I feel.

I am reading...Love & Respect.

I am hoping...for Mike to have a positive visit with the doctor on Wednesday. He's been sick for a while and they can't seem to figure out what is wrong. They've started mentioning some really scary possiblities, but I'm praying that God will guide us through...no matter what the outcome is.

I am hearing...co-workers chatter.

Around the house...is just a mess.

One of my favorite things...is listening to Abby sing in church. On Sunday, she sang along during "big church." It was so exciting that she knew the words and she was filled with praise for the Lord.

A few plans for the rest of the week: set (and achieve) some goals for myself - exercise at least 5 days this week and eat healthier.

View more daybook entries here.

2 comments:

A Gracious Home said...

I so glad God led you to a church you love. It makes a big difference in your life. I have always tried to eat health. I like clean healthy food. I love fruit and veggies. I will look at your daybook entries. Love and Respect sounds like a good book. I pray there will be nothing serious wrong with your husband. I hope he's not drinking diet coke or using nutra sweet. That can really hurt some people. Have a great week. Doylene

Phyllis said...

Doylene...thanks for your prayers.

Post a Comment