A Blessed (& Tasty) Birthday

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful birthday wishes. They helped make this birthday one of the best ever!!!

This birthday could possibly be the most fattening birthday ever. No, seriously. On Friday night, we had pizza at Andy's Pizza at Quail Corners. Andy's possibly has the best pizza in Raleigh. As if that wasn't enough, we had dinner on Saturday at Kanki (hibachi steak...yummy). To top the evening off, we stopped by the Cupcake Shoppe at Glenwood South. The cupcakes were very pretty and somewhat tasty, but we all agreed they were slightly dry and they didn't live up to our expectations. Of course, being $2.75 each and not larger than a normal cupcake may have something to do with it. But, I've been wanting to try them for a while and the experience was worth it. The shoppe is very cute on the inside.

For dinner on Sunday (my actual birthday), we're having homemade mac & cheese (see post for recipe). We're trying something a little different tonight, mixing ground beef and onions in at the end. I think it will be quite tasty. My birthday cake is a Boston Cream Torte. It looks wonderful and is certain to have lots of fat and calories.

Obviously, the Y was in order this afternoon and will be a constant fixture once again...I've been really slack for a while now. I've been terrible at making exercise a priority. I always find myself making excuses. No more! After eating through my birthday weekend, I can't afford that.

The weekend was awesome, but I'm a little sad now...our princess isn't feeling too great. She was running a very low grade fever this morning, so we decided to stay home from church...no point in 1) getting someone else sick (potentially) or 2) getting someone else's bug with the defenses down. By the evening, she's a little warmer, stuffy and just plain pooped. She's snuggling on the couch and watching a DVD. Poor thing. I wish I could make her feel better with just a twitch of my nose or flick of my wrist.

As the weekend comes to a close, I find myself thinking of the many blessings I have...this weekend and always. I have friends and family that send me fabulous birthday wishes. I have a remarkable daughter who has an incredibly large heart and showers me in her love and energy. I have a phenomenal husband who loves me for who I am and supports me in every way. And, most important of all, I have a gracious and merciful God who created me and loves me.

So, now I'm 31 and so far, it's wonderful. I hope to have some pics to post by the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment