Not What We Planned

Being a parent keeps you on your toes and reminds you that plans are never set in stone.

We had big plans this weekend, inviting family to visit for the holiday weekend. On Friday afternoon, Mike arrived at camp to pick Abby up...only to be greated by a crying child complaining of a tummy ache, headache, and a fever blister. In the 15 minutes drive home, she was out cold, snoring in the backseat.

We opted for the safe route, deciding not the chance an illness spreading to the rest of the family, so we had to cancel our weekend plans at the last minute. Abby was devastated - no family visiting, no gymnastics and no tball game. Admittedly, I was pretty disappointed too, but sometimes you gotta make decisions that you don't like.

Abby was unusually tired all weekend and extremely thirsty. To my knowledge, she never actually had a fever, but I didn't keep a thermometer attached throughout each day. Her stomache seemed to subside on Sunday and her headache improved. Hopefully, we dodged anything major and it was just a mild bug. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this wasn't just a warning for something more severe later in the week.

We enjoyed celebrating Father's Day. Abby helped me cook a special lunch on Sunday.

1 comment:

Lifetime Ticket Holder to the Cheap Seats of Life said...

It was a great Father's Day! I LOVED IT.... I love y'all!

Post a Comment