Unfulfilled Plans

Alright, so maybe my plans for the weekend were a little too adventurous.

Nonetheless, we had a great time. After relocating a number of boxes throughout the house, Abby and I made a quick trip to the Y. I haven't actually been to the downtown location on a Saturday morning and I was pleasantly surprised that it was virtually empty. I guess college students have no interest in getting up bright and early on Saturday to exercise and downtown employees don't venture downtown on the weekends. Normally, we visit AE Finley (which is usually pretty crowded). Now I know where to go on Saturday mornings.

Once Mike returned home from a morning of work, we enjoyed a tasty lunch of barbecue and lounged around the house for the afternoon until it was time for church. We made the trip to Clayton and I was amazed at all the changes to C3 since I last went in January 2006. All three of us enjoyed the worship, but each for different reasons. Although the trip is a little far, I think we all agreed that it was worth it.

On Sunday, we anxiously awaited the arrival of our new washer and dryer. It was so nice to be able to wash clothes in our home. The washer and dryer in the old place was a stackable model with very small load capacity. That made me appreciate the new ones even more.

Between loads, we made the trip to Cary to visit Ollie's Bargain Outlet. I have to admit, I was impressed by some of the things available at Ollie's. But, I would suggest going at off hours because the place was packed when we were there and it was difficult to maneuver. Of course, we did find some items that we needed and they were definitely discounted below other retailers' prices.

Now that it's midday on Monday, I'm looking forward to getting home and using my new vacuum. We ordered a Dyson last week and it's scheduled for delivery today. I can't wait to vacuum my new home and see all the dirt that's been in the carpet. I know, it sounds disgusting, but it really is fun. I never thought I'd be excited about a vacuum cleaner, but I guess that's part of getting old (or growing up).

And, in closing, I wish Michigan State all the luck in the world, because I think they'll need it. Today, I am a Spartans fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment