Time for a Change

Recently, Abby has been asking to have her hair cut. Thankfully, she didn't try to do it on her own (or enlist the help of a friend again.)

After her bath last night, I took out the scissors and snipped away. Her hair had gotten quite long. At first, I cut about 3 inches off. Once Abby saw it, she complained that she wanted it shorter. I trimmed away another inch or so and told her that was as short as I would cut it.

I was amazed at how happy she was. And, it looked really cute. At the time, her hair was still wet, so it was very straight. When she woke up this morning, she was a little annoyed that it curled overnight as it dried. (She's still learning what is truly means to have natural curl.)

After helping Abby to achieve her 'change' for the Spring, I'm thinking more and more about a few changes I would like to make for the Spring.

It's taken me a while to grow out all of the color that was once in my hair (highlights, etc.) Now that it's nearly gone, I keep longing for some highlights in my hair again. Crazy, I know. Must be a girl thing. But, it just looks so drab and non-blonde. Silly...I had bright blonde hair for years and I never really appreciated it. Then, I get pregnant one day and have a kid (alright, it took longer than one day)...and the blonde fades away. I miss it. I just don't miss the expense of maintaining highlights.

I think Abby was on the right track with a haircut too. I'd like to get a few inches knocked off, but as soon as I do, I'm sure I'll be complaining about wanting long hair again. It's just a vicious cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment